Our Company: CEC is a growing company based out of Kamloops, BC providing services throughout British Columbia and into Alberta. Our company has a fleet of mobile cranes and industrial equipment that we use for hoisting and installing heavy equipment, specializing in bridge building and rehab. We work in the heavy industrial construction sector. We provide mobile crane services as well as bridges, sheet pile shoring, piling, fabrication, and jack & rolls. At CEC, we believe safety comes first above all. Our goal is to use our skills and field knowledge combined with safe work practices, to provide quality crane and industrial construction services to our community.
The Position: We love a challenge and are always looking for more opportunities and projects to take on. Because of this, CEC is looking to hire an experienced Construction Estimator to join our team and help us tackle our busy schedule.
The responsibilities for this position will include (but not limited to):
– Working directly with and delegating a small team of 2 or 3 people
– Completing quantity take-offs, sending RFQ’s, compiling complete estimates and proposals
– Review tender and all associated documents and understand project and contract requirements and costs associated
– Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
-Develop and lead estimating team and department
-Bridge building, pile driving experience is an asset
Our ideal hire would have an in-depth understanding of construction procedures and scheduling, as well as project-based needs such as materials, licenses, permits, and equipment. We are looking for someone who is organized, motivated, a self starter, who works well with a team or independently. We need a team member who can take a tender from beginning to end and delegate tasks as required.
The required qualifications for this position are:
– Minimum of 5 years experience as an Estimator or a combination of Estimator/Project Manager in the construction sector
– Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
– Experience with Microsoft Project would be a large asset
– Must be able to read construction drawings and have a thorough knowledge of how to review tender packages including specifications, reports and contracts
– Experience with quantity take-offs
– Excellent time management and organizational skills
A diploma or degree in engineering is not required but would be an asset.
Compensation will be based on experience and expertise in the field.
If you think you meet these requirements and are looking to be part of a great small team, apply today!
Check us out at http://www.cuttingedgegroup.ca or find us on social media:
LinkedIn: Cutting Edge Consulting Inc.
To apply or for more information, please email Tara Harvey
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$160,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kamloops, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- construction estimating: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Kamloops, BC