Our Company: CEC is a growing company based out of Kamloops, BC providing services throughout British Columbia. Our company has a fleet of mobile cranes and industrial equipment that we use for hoisting and installing heavy equipment, specializing in bridge building and rehab. We work in the heavy industrial construction sector. We provide mobile crane services as well as bridges, piling, fabrication, and jack & rolls. At CEC, we believe safety comes first above all. Our goal is to use our skills and field knowledge combined with safe work practices, to provide quality crane and industrial construction services to our community.
The Position: We love a challenge and so we never say no to new jobs and opportunities. This causes us to be busy all year round so we need great staff to allow us to manage any project that comes our way. CEC is looking to hire a Project Manager to join our team and help us tackle our busy schedule.
The responsibilities for this position will include (but not limited to):
– Working directly with and delegating a small team of 2 or 3 people
– Collaborate with engineers and contract owners to determine the specifications of the project
– Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
– Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
– Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
– Cost tracking
– Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
– Prepare and submit project estimates
Our ideal hire would have an in-depth understanding of construction procedures and scheduling, as well as project-based needs such as materials, licenses, permits, and equipment. We need someone with strong familiarity with the health and safety standards and specifications required for construction and the capability to assure other employees are following safe work practices and job procedures. We are looking for a team player with leadership skills. Exceptional communication and negotiation skills are an asset. We need someone who is a quick-thinking problem-solver who has experience masterminding construction projects and is ready to face challenges as they arise. We are looking for someone who is organized, motivated, a self starter, who works well with a team or independently.
The required qualifications for this position are:
– Minimum of 2 years experience combined as a Project manager and/or Estimator in the construction sector
– Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
– Experience with Microsoft Project would be an asset
– Must be able to read construction drawings and be familiar with specifications and tender packages
– Experience with quantity take-offs
– Excellent time management and organizational skills
A diploma or degree in engineering or project management is not required but would be an asset.
Salary will be based on experience and expertise in this field.
If you think you meet these requirements and are looking to be part of a great small team, apply today!
Check us out at http://www.cuttingedgegroup.ca or find us on social media:
Facebook: Cutting Edge Consulting Inc.
LinkedIn: Cutting Edge Consulting Inc.
To apply or for more information, please email Briar Beers
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$125,000.00 per year